Elders: Jim Glasco, Bill Gothmann, Jabez Harlan, Mike Irvin and Dave Stinson
Deacons: Brian Aitken (Building & Grounds) and Chuck Southern (Finances & Benevolence)
We are a part of “The Restoration Movement.” Our goal is to “restore” the New Testament church. We want to be a Bible-centered church. For more detailed information about the churches of Christ and the Restoration movement you may want to read “The Restoration plea of the churches of Christ”.
Spokane Valley is a family of caring and loving Christians. Our only guide is the word of God as revealed in the Bible, and our only desire is to be faithful servants of Christ. The church of Christ is built on hope, centered in faith in Jesus Christ and His power to change lives. We want to make Christ and His word the center of our lives and pray that His Spirit will continue to remake us into His image.
The Worship Service:
Worship is patterned after the simple worship of New Testament Christians. You will find enthusiastic a cappella congregational singing, prayers that flow from the hearts of the members, a celebration of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection in communion services every Sunday, Bible-centered preaching, and opportunities for Christians to give. It is not a formal worship led by clergy and witnessed by an audience, but a joyful celebration by all in a family atmosphere.
We encourage, teach and praise God in song by using the voices He gave us. We encourage everyone to sing. Singing and praising God is about your heart—not your talent.
James tells us to pray when we’re in trouble or sick, to confess our sins to each other and to pray for each other so that we may be healed. He says the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (James 5:13-16) Paul tells us that in everything, by prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present our requests to God. (Philippians 4:6). If we can pray for you, please let us know.
A bible-based sermon is given each week to educate, encourage and challenge us in our daily walk. Usually there is an outline to help you follow along.
The invitation is always open to become a follower of Christ. If you wish to know more, let us know and we would be happy to share God’s word with you. This is also a time to seek help with any spiritual needs or to ask for prayers. We are always willing to pray for, study with, and serve members as well as visitors.
In imitating the early church, we take the Lord’s Supper every Sunday as a reminder of all that Christ has done for us. If you would like to know more about what Christ has done for you, please let us know.
We take up an offering each week to pay our bills and to help others with their physical and spiritual needs. If you are visiting, you are welcome to contribute but there is no expectation or obligation for you to do so.
We have a complete program of Biblical education for all ages, and we encourage every Christian to be a dedicated student of the Bible. If we can help you learn more about Christ in any way, let us know.
Our study of the Bible leads us to several foundational truths:
- God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent (all-knowing, ever-present, and all-powerful).
- There are three beings in one God-Head: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- All things were created by God.
- The Father loved us so much that he sent his only Son to save us from our sins.
- The Son, Jesus, was fully man and fully God, and willingly gave himself for us.
- The Spirit was given to believers to comfort and guide them through life.
- The Bible is the word of God, infallible and inspired by the Holy Spirit. As such, it is the authority for all we do in the church. No other books or creeds are necessary for our understanding of God’s will.
- The church is the bride of Christ, and we are called to be a family of believers.
- All people sin, and, therefore, all are in need of forgiveness.
- Salvation comes only through gaining a personal relationship with Christ by being baptized by immersion for the forgiveness of sins. No other method of salvation is given in the Bible.
The Valley Church of Christ is dedicated to doing everything possible to encourage strong, Christ-centered families, and we want to help our families to reach their potential for happy and abundant living.